Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas

I get a lot of requests for this recipe, and not to be prideful, I can see why! It is seriously so good! I've been proposed to twice after making it back in the day, so single ladies (and fellows) let me know if it works for you! I know that for the most part I try to eat really healthy and only use fresh ingredients, but every once in a while I get the urge to make these. Even my husband (who doesn't like sour cream) LOVES these enchiladas. I still use the healthiest ingredients possible, so feel free to substitute where you like. I am going to give you the recipe to have enough for 4-5 people with possible leftovers. For 2 people I usually cut this recipe in half.



Ingredients:
20 whole wheat tortillas (I prefer HEB fresh...sooo good!)
4 chicken breasts, cubed ( lately I have been using shredded chicken made in the crockpot)
1 packet Taco Seasoning ( I use Hot because we like it spicy)
1 can family size Cream of Chicken soup (98% fat free)
1 small container of Reduced Fat (Light) Sour Cream
1 Bag Mexican blend cheese
1 Can black beans (optional)*
Chopped Cilantro (optional)*

*I have been adding the black beans and cilantro lately to the enchiladas, or I make half with black beans half without. The original recipe does not include these ingredients, I have just added over the years.

Directions:
Preheat oven 350
Cut chicken breast into cubes, cook chicken in skillet over medium heat. Season with taco seasoning. Cook 7-8 minutes until chicken is no longer pink
In Medium Pot over medium heat, combine Cream of Chicken soup and Sour Cream. Stir and heat until sauce is well combined (if you like sour cream, add more to your liking). Make sure to keep stirring, you don't want the sauce to burn on the bottom. 
If you are using the black beans, cook them on the stove top (or microwave) until warm
In a 13x9 baking dish, spread 1-2 cups of sauce on bottom of baking dish
Take 1 tortilla, fill with 1-2 spoonfuls sauce, chicken, (black beans), cheese, (cilantro), and roll. Place tortilla in baking dish (repeat until all tortillas and chicken are gone)
Cover enchiladas with remaining sauce
Cook in oven for 20 minutes, sprinkle with cheese and continue to bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly

ENJOY!!




No comments:

Post a Comment