Wednesday, July 11, 2012

What's in the crockpot?

Last summer Texas experienced one of it's driest and hottest summers. With record breaking heat and out of control wildfires this summer rain has been a welcome sight. However, it has been raining for 6 days straight! I'm starting to lose the tan I worked so hard on at the beginning of this summer ( I know, first world problems right!). So yesterday, when I woke up to rain (again) I decided it was a crockpot dinner kind of day. When it's gray and wet (although humid) it reminds me of winter, and what's the best in the winter? Crockpot meals! With dinner cooking away, I had no reason why I couldn't enjoy my couch and the weather outside. Here is what the crockpot made:
                                                Chicken with mushrooms & broccoli 


It was so easy and delicious, my husband cleaned his plate (twice!)
Ingredients:
4 Chicken Breasts Thawed
2 cups Fresh or Thawed broccoli 
1 cup sliced mushrooms (or you can use canned mushrooms but I prefer fresh)
2 Cans Cream of Chicken soup (I used 1 can 98% fat free cream of chicken & 1 can cream of chicken with herbs)
6 oz softened cream cheese ( I used weight watchers)
1 packet dry zesty fat free Italian dressing

Directions:
On stove heat cream of chicken soup & cream cheese on low-medium heat until cream cheese is blended in with soup
Place chicken breasts, mushrooms, and broccoli in crockpot sprinkle Italian seasoning over these 3 ingredients
Pour soup,cream cheese mixture over chicken, mushrooms, and broccoli
Cover
Heat on Low 4-6 hours or High 3-4 hours
Serve over noodles ( I used whole wheat egg noodles) or rice & sprinkle with shaved parmesan
Enjoy!
*For a spicy kick sprinkle with crushed red pepper*

No comments:

Post a Comment